Gort Na Coiribe update – 6th December 2016
- Semester two availability – Gort na Coiribe is currently fully booked for the Spring semester. If you would like to be placed on our waiting list please email email@example.com for further details.
- How do I make payment? – Log into your student Portal – Under “Financials” – payment online – make payment. When paying your 1st Moiety rent you must pay your electricity prepayment together with your rent. If you only make payment of your electricity prepayment the system will not allow you to progress and pay your semester rent.
- My payment is not going through – you may receive the following error messages:
- Your Credit Card transaction could not be be processed. Returned : Transaction blocked by merchant configuration. Please contact the merchant. Please contact your bank with this error information<br/><br/> Note: Please note that if you fail to make payment at this point, we reserve the right to cancel your application.<br/> Please contact the Residence office if you have any questions or you are having difficulties making your online payment.
The error above corresponds to a transaction that has failed because it was not 3dsecure (i.e. verified by visa). You must follow the steps to log in or create a password. You will need your bank account details to complete this section. This is an online security requirement of your bank and not a Gort na Coiribe requirement.
- Your Credit Card transaction could not be processed. Returned: NOT AUTHORISED Please contact your bank with this error information<br/><br/> Note: Please note that if you fail to make payment at this point, we reserve the right to cancel your application.<br/> Please contact the Residence office if you have any questions or you are having difficulties making your online payment.
A daily limit may apply to debit cards. Please pay the max on your card on day 1 and return to the system the following day to pay the balance. There is a 2.5% surcharge on credit card transactions, no charge on debit cards.
- If you receive the message “awaiting response” there is a possibility that we will still get the payment. Please allow for 24 hours for Gort na Coiribe to check our payment logs or alternatively you can check with your bank to see if payment will be processed. If payment has not been processed after 24 hours then you will need to try and make payment online again. At this stage the original payment will not go through.
- We are currently experiencing a high volume of calls and emails with semester 2 payments due on Friday, 2nd December 2016.If you are currently trying to pay your moiety 2 payment online via your student portal and have encountered a failed attempt to make payment, please ensure you wait 24/48 hours as the system requests and try to make payment again.Late payment fees will only apply 7 days after the payment due date.
Information for Existing Students:
- Disciplinary – parties are not permitted on site, any properties noted for breach of lease or anti-social behavior will be dealt with promptly and accordingly
- If you lose your key you must notify reception. Charges for replacement keys will apply
- If you lock yourself out of your room there is a €3.00 charge. When security is on duty they will give you access to your house/room & advise you of the lock out charge. This is to be paid directly to the office during office hours or can be paid through your student portal. Further charges apply outside of office/security hours of €25.
- Security Number – 1850 8409 96
- A student information pack has been issued to all residents. This contains information on office hours/security hours etc.
Some great reasons to choose Gort na Coiribe…
- Our Location……located on the Headford Rd just 10 minutes walk to NUIG and Galway city centre.
- Purpose built……Gort na Coiribe offers a great opportunity to meet students from the same college and even the same course, in comfortable surroundings that are conducive to both studying and socialising
- Safety and security…..there is a nightly security presence and an onsite management office open Monday to Friday
- Nearby facilities….Dunnes Stores across the road, Galway Shopping Centre (with Tesco, 40 shops and bowling) and Galway Retail Park (with IMC Cinema, MacDonalds, Aldi and more) just 2 minutes walk away
Thank you for choosing Gort na Coiribe,
Best wishes for Christmas and 2017 from all our team