Welcome to Gort na Coiribe – the 1st choice accommodation for students of NUI Galway.
Sorry, we are now fully booked for 16/17! We will release details of our Waiting List in late March.
Quick Tips to get through the Application Process as quickly as possible:
- The company that own the application software advise that you use Google Chrome, and using a laptop or PC will give best results. This is not to say that other web browsers or tablets/mobiles will not work, but sometimes errors arise that slow down the application process.
- To begin the application process you will be asked to enter an e-mail address and you will be sent a code which you must enter to start the process. Ensure you are using an e-mail address you have immediate access to. (Parents, if applying for your son/daughter use your own e-mail so that you will get the code – it can be changed to the student’s e-mail address later in the year). This code often goes straight into junk mail so check there if you do not see it straight away.
- Ensure you have all information to hand – including your PPS number, your parent/guarantor’s phone number and e-mail address
- If paying with VISA, ensure you know your verified by VISA password (more details on our FAQ page)
- Gort na Coiribe was fully booked-up within 15 minutes of the booking lines opening last year so to be in with a chance be ready to apply at 1.30pm sharp!
We recommend you read our FAQ’s on the application process here prior to submitting your application.
Gort na Coiribe is an official off-campus residence of NUIG, located just ten minutes walk from both the NUIG campus and Galway city centre. The complex is purpose built for students with a professional management team onsite to ensure your stay is an enjoyable as possible.
Geat reasons to choose Gort na Coiribe…
- Our Location……located on the Headford Rd just 10 minutes walk to NUIG and Galway city centre.
- Purpose built……Gort na Coiribe offers a great opportunity to meet students from the same college and even the same course, in comfortable surroundings that are conducive to both studying and socialising
- Safety and security…..there is a nightly security presence and an onsite management office open Monday to Friday
- Nearby facilities….Dunnes Stores across the road, Galway Shopping Centre (with Tesco, 40 shops and bowling) and Galway Retail Park (with IMC Cinema, MacDonalds, Aldi and more) just 2 minutes walk away